I'VE MOVED!

It's been great here, but now you can find me at littlejoys.wordpress.com.

Saturday, June 14, 2008

Biznitches

Since when is it so wrong to refuse to go to the trouble of making a dish (a pie, no less) to a meal being hosted by someone else, (a) when your weekend is so full that you won't have time, and (b) WHEN THEY DON'T CALL YOU UNTIL 4:00 THE NIGHT BEFORE?

Also, since when did it become okay to get angry with a guest who says No, I don't have time to make a pie--because in all the history of hosting I thought it was perfectly acceptable for a guest to decline to bend over backwards to make the host's life easier whether it was convenient for the guest or not, *particularly* when said host has gone to no great lengths to make your life easier in attending said function, and has, in fact, made it about as difficult as it could possibly be. And beside that they DIDN'T BOTHER ASKING UNTIL 4:00 THE NIGHT BEFORE. Is it that some people feel okay about taking advantage of their family members? Or are they simply *that* clueless?

Or maybe they're just indifferent to the fact that by the end of this weekend, we'll have had to drive to and from Baltimore--at 2 hours each way--twice, because they've planned this function on Father's Day, and call me silly, but I, personally, like to spend Father's Day with my dad. Instead, I'm celebrating Father's Day with my dad tonight. But shame on me for MAKING PLANS, when I should have instead been sitting around waiting to receive my orders to MAKE A PIE. Because I should have known we'd be asked to do something.

What WAS I thinking?

*HUFF*

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

*HUFF! HUFF!*

I'm joining in your huffiness with you, because quite frankly I don't know what else to say except WOULD YOU LIKE MY PARENTS TO ADOPT YOU???

Us Ambers like to plan, and as people to participate WAAAAYYY in advance (although we can also rise to the spirit of a last-minute invitation without making you feel inferior if you've already got plans).

:)

Anonymous said...

"and ask people..."

not, "and as people."

My huffiness got in the way of my grammar, dangit.