I'VE MOVED!

It's been great here, but now you can find me at littlejoys.wordpress.com.

Tuesday, February 19, 2008

My worst fear

One day I think I'd like to have children. But it occured to me today that if I have children, there is a fifty percent chance I will have a daughter. And if I have a daughter, chances are pretty good that she will like purple. Because little girls like purple. Little girls adore purple. Little girls want to wrap up in purple blankets and drift off to sleep wearing purple pajamas with their little girl heads on purple pillows under purple canopies with pictures of purple-haired unicorns on the purple walls illuminated by the purple glow of their purple nightlights.

I believe the chances of this happening are very good, because there is no traceable amount of purple in my house. Anywhere. So when Little Girl of Mine goes out into the world, she will discover purple and all of its manifestations and go, "Ooohh, that's different!" and she will want to bring the purple into her bedroom, which will be in my house, which I will be living in, which means I will see the purple on a daily basis. Drinking, drugs, sex, criminal activity: all things I can deal with. But PURPLE?!? *Shudder*

No comments: