I'VE MOVED!

It's been great here, but now you can find me at littlejoys.wordpress.com.

Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Awakening

Why is it that Life wants to teach us lessons?

I started the day feeling emotionally raw, even a little sad, for no reason in specific--rather a whole bunch of little reasons building up on top of me to create a very great weight. I was thinking about my blog goal--to write something once a day--and of how I started the blog a week ago and have only managed three entries (now four). Sad.

So then I realized I am one of those people who has always been instantly successful at pretty much everything, and it must have become something I now expect: instant gratification. Thus, I am also one of those people who gets frustrated if I slip a little on the way to achieving my goals, like blogging every day, or going to the gym on Tuesdays, Thursdays and Fridays, or finishing my graduate programs according to my carefully planned timeline. A perfectionist. So I can be pretty hard on myself, too.

As a result, I've abandoned work to sulk around the house, moping, thinking about this ugly day, that it could only get better from here, and--SMACK!--I smash my funny bone on the edge of the kitchen counter.

Okay, okay. I’m awake. I’m writing.