I'VE MOVED!

It's been great here, but now you can find me at littlejoys.wordpress.com.

Thursday, August 16, 2007

Sweet 100

I hold a half-dozen in one hand--ethereal orbs of tomatoey goodness. Popping them into my mouth one at a time, I savor them like filled chocolates.

The skin is tight and smooth, still warm from the filtered sunlight. I bite into the flesh without reservation, unleashing a hot sweet explosion that tastes like robust red-orange with a surprising hint of delectable pink, finishing off smoothly with pure golden yellow.

Closing my eyes, I draw in a deep breath and smile as unfiltered delight travels through my arteries, delivering utopian intoxication to every cell. The flavor of sunshine lingers on my tongue, flirting with my taste buds, tantalizing, teasing, making them crave more.

"Yummmmmmm."